Thursday, November 26, 2009

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Each of us in the equipment room want to wish each and everyone of you that follow this blog a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Each of us have so much to be thankful for. I know each of us on the equipment staff at UofA have much to be thankful about! We are thankful for an administration that totally supports everything we are about and they give us the resources to do our jobs right.

We are also thankful for the administration hiring nothing but FIRST CLASS coaches!!! Our coaches are AWESOME to work with. I have been doing this kind of work for over thirty years and I have never felt more appreciated than how our coaches make us feel.

We are also thankful for working with GREAT student-athletes! I hear so many horror stories from other equipment managers about how they are treated by their athletes. Our student-athletes are such a joy to work with! We have many of them that stop by just to say hello and ask how we are doing.

We have so many other things to be thankful for too, such as relationships with companies like Riddell, Nike and others. We are so thankful that they make us feel special!

I would like to take this time to mention some personal things that I am thankful for. It starts with my best friend and wife, Cindy. She is without a doubt the best wife, mom, daughter and friend that anyone could ever hope for. I also have three kids that have put up with me and all my quirks and craziness for over twenty years. Cindy and the kids are the BEST!

I also am very thankful for the people that I get to work with everyday. Speaking of putting up with quirks and craziness. These poor people have to deal with me way too much! I hope they really know how much I love and appreciate them. I never have been very good at showing how much I care and appreciate people. I have had great people around me my whole career and I am very grateful and thankful for that!!!!

Again, I hope each and everyone of you have a GREAT day and a wonderful time with those you love.

No comments: