Even though this trip to Pullman will be a challenge for all of us with the weather and distance, it is a trip that I have been looking forward to for a long time. It is always fun to see my family and friends up there!
We are getting all of our trunks packed up today and tomorrow, then we load the truck up on Wednesday evening so Bob and Bob can leave Wednesday night for Pullman. They will arrive in Pullman with our equipment on Friday afternoon. Usually our truck leaves on Thursdays.
Since the truck is leaving on Wednesday instead of Thursday, we will have to put the 64 player bags on the charter plane with us. We have hired 3B's in Lewiston to pick up our player bags and drive them to Martin Stadium.
We will have a few extra trunks with all of the cold and foul weather gear for our players, coaches and staff.
I plan on posting this week about some of the managers going on the trip, plus posting with pictures from Pullman while we are there.
As of right now, the forecast at game time on Saturday is 30% chance of showers, high of 51 degrees and a low of 37 degrees. Wind at 13mph. Even though we pack for every possible weather condition, we still check the weather 3 or 4 times per day up until we leave for the airport.