Saturday, November 22, 2008

GameDay

Well, I just got done watching ESPN Game Day and that show always gets me excited about what I get to do on Saturdays in the fall. I do not need a TV show to get me excited, but that show always adds to the excitement.

We have been very fortunate this year to win six games up to now and that always helps too. We will have our hands full this afternoon against a GREAT Beaver football team. They are very well coached, and we have had a tough time with them in the 11 years I have been here.

One of the things I do like about playing the Beavers is that I get to see two of my favorite Equipment Managers in Steve McCoy and Arnold Alcantar. Not only are they great equipment managers, but they are fun guys to be around.

We found out yesterday that today's game program has a feature on the equipment staff. They interviewed Tim and Ronnie Platt and they did a nice job of describing what we do on a day to day basis. The article even mentioned our blog and gave the address to the readers. Maybe now we will have more than Tuffy and Paul looking at it from time to time. Actually I have been pleasantly surprised at how many are peaking at my poor writing skills.

Well, I had better get going. We are showing up at the stadium at 11am this morning for a 5pm kickoff. We have to make sure we have time to get the red jerseys and red pants put in each players locker. The players really seem to like the all red!

I look forward to watching the Apple Cup while setting up the coaches locker room. I only wish JT was here to help and watch the game with. I would have thought he would spend his off day with bigwen and watch the Apple Cup. We could talk politics too!

Hopefully I will have some fun things to write tomorrow about our seventh win along with some pictures.

No comments: