Thursday, December 2, 2010

GAMEDAY is Finally Here

Yes, I know, it is Thursday, but today is gameday!

I am about to go over to the stadium in about an hour or so. I don't want to get over there too early. Usually I get there early and take my time and watch college football, but this Thursday thing doesn't give me much to watch on TV while I set up.

We got the Devils moved in to their locker room last night at about 6pm, then we moved in to our locker room too. We generally move in two nights before, but we wore helmets to our walk thru yesterday so we decided to just move everything over after the walk thru. The last time we did this was versus Washington, so hopefully we have the same outcome.

It has already been a GREAT day. We had an all staff meeting with a special guest this morning, Larry Scott, Pac 10 commissioner. What an impressive leader he is!!!! After the meeting, it made everyone feel really good about the future of our conference and our institution as well. This guy is the REAL DEAL!!! He fielded questions for almost an hour and he hit a home run with every single answer. In my 30 plus years of being in this business, this was the first time that a conference commissioner addressed a staff meeting.

This morning just confirmed why I feel like the luckiest person in the world. With the great leadership we have with our new AD, Greg Byrne, and the leadership in our conference, it makes me realize how exciting the future is going to be here in Tucson.

Now we just need to take care of the devils tonight on ESPN and top off an already great day.

Stay tuned for pictures on the next blog of our work to get ready for tonight's game.

No comments: