Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What a GREAT Spring Break












The past week or so has been AWESOME! I am going to try and blog about a few of the things that happened during Spring Break time.

None of it would have been possible without an awesome staff. When I first started working for Jim Livengood over twenty years ago, the first thing he told me was that the most important thing for me to do was to surround myself around GREAT people.

One of the best hires I have ever made was bringing back Armando Altamirano to the Arizona Equipment Staff!!!!! I have always believed that the number one attribute or characteristic to be a successful Equipment Manager is ATTITUDE. Armando has the perfect attitude, which makes him so valuable.

He assist us in so many ways. He is still working on things such as email and email attachments, but he does so many other things which helps all of us. In addition to watching the window to assist coaches and athletes, he helps pack the travel bags for basketball and baseball. He also helps put away the laundry, fold towels, and check in numerous packages daily. He has counted thousands of t-shirts, coaches polos, caps, etc.

He and Zach made it possible for myself, Tim and Benny to be out during the break time. Without those two we would not have been able to take some time to do what we love to do when we are not at work.









No comments: