Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Reunion Day on Monday


It seems that everyday at McKale is awesome, but yesterday was one of those GREAT days!


It was like old Washington State University days in McKale. First of all, one of the all time great equipment managers, Jeff Bopp showed up for a day visit. Jeff and I have been able to work with one another at both WSU and here at UofA. He is currently an assistant clubhouse attendant for the Seattle Mariners. This is his second season with the big club. We shared many good stories and laughed a lot. He went with myself, Tim, Benny, and my son Tyler for lunch at one of our favorite restaurants on the south side, Guillermos.


After lunch, Mike Price came walking in the equipment room hollering for a jock strap. I knew he was in town with his defensive staff to visit with our defensive staff. He hung out for awhile and then went to practice. Again, many stories were shared. Along with Coach Price was Brian Zeches and Jim Clark, who were at WSU with all of us. Brian Zeches is the son of Coach Jim Zeches who was on Coach Price's staff at WSU.


It was great seeing both Bopper and Coach Price. Both of them mean so much to me. I would not be where I am at today without Jeff; and I would not have had the chance to be part of a Rose Bowl without Coach Price.


What a day!!!!!

No comments: