Thursday, January 21, 2010

Inventory Time

We have been busy for over a week now counting every single item of football equipment in the equipment room.

After each season, we do an extensive inventory of everything. There are several reasons for doing this. One, and most importantly, it is required for auditing purposes. Also, it is essential for ordering for next season and making sure we order the correct amount of items.

In the meantime, I have been visiting with a number of equipment managers around the country that I have admired and respected for years. I am talking with them about how they order certain items. I feel that this is necessary from time to time in order to stay on top of things. It is very easy to get stuck in doing things only one way. I do not do these type of survey questions real often, but I felt now is a good time to look into how others order.

In visiting with these other equipment managers, I have found that we are doing things the same way many other BCS schools do things as well.

After we are done with inventory, we will be placing orders with all of our vendors so we can take delivery come July 1, 2010.

I have received a few emails asking me if I am going to keep the blog going through out the off season. I do plan on blogging from time to time, but it will not be as often as during the season.

I am going to be doing some blogs about things we do in the equipment room. Thank you to all of you that have emailed me with questions and ideas.

No comments: